Our Core Values
MicroTools' core values reflect not only how we work but also how we live our personal
- People matter - For MicroTools' business strategy to work, we have to exhibit care,
concern and interest in those with whom we work. This is part of the reason for our
commitment to long term relationships with our customers and character development
in our employees. It is also one of the reasons we value "face to face" time with our customers.
- Words matter - Clear, thoughtful and sensitive communication is essential for teams to work together successfully.
Our commitment to running fixed price projects requires us to clearly specify the tasks and the requirements up front.
- Creativity matters - As we work together as a team and with our customers,
it has been a joy to see creative and inventive solutions to real problems happen on a regular basis.
This core value also affects our hiring policy and commitment to personal and professional development of our employees.
- Quality matters - We believe that the quality of everything we do reflects on us
and is essential to maintaining a long term relationship with our customers.
More importantly, we do it right because that is the right thing to do.
- Efficiency matters - We hate wasting resources - yours or ours.
This permeates all of our decisions including how and when we communicate, build and buy.
- Long term success matters - We believe that all decisions need to be made with the long view in mind.
We know that your success in the long term will mean success for us in the long term.
- Imperfection is the rule - Because of the complexity of our tasks and our own limitations,
we know that specification and design reviews, code checking and module and
system testing have to permeate all that we do in order to achieve the quality we desire.
This core value is behind our motto that "If it's not tested, it doesn't work."
Out of these core values we have developed a number of axioms that help arbitrate our decisions. To find out more about how MicroTools works, check out our